From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removal of CVS headers
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:45:05
1 On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 15:05:09 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > As the council has decided in its 2014-10-14 meeting (and confirmed
5 > again in the 2016-11-13 meeting), CVS headers should be removed after
6 > the migration to Git. Until recently, this was blocked by repoman
7 > still checking for the $Id$ line. The latter is now fixed in the
8 > stable repoman version.
9
10 Would be nice to have a link to the meeting notes. I guess it's:
11 https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20141014-summary.txt
12
13 """
14 Can we drop CVS headers post-migration?
15 Aye
16 """
17
18 > Therefore, I am going to remove the remaining CVS headers throughout
19 > the tree (except for patches, of course) in two days from now.
20
21 Typical questions for tree-wide cleanups:
22
23 - Are new ebuilds forbidden to have '$Id$' or just discouraged?
24 - [same as above] Will new version of repoman complain about leftover '$Id$'?
25 - Will the tool be available for people to cleanup their overlays?
26 sed 1-liner is good enough. Just make sure it will be in commit message.
27
28 Thanks!
32 Sergei