From: "Francesco R." <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding large files to the mirrors?
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:54:54
1 Il 16/10/2013 11:15, Mike Auty ha scritto:
2 > Hiya,
3 [snip]
4 > So downloading them manually is a pain (the larger tables aren't in a
5 > single zip, they're split amongst 12 files for each table), and the
6 > ebuild to do the downloading is already built. I'll include a
7 > postinst note indicating that the tables are getting stored twice, and
8 > I should even be able to give them an indication of how much space
9 > they're wasting. I'll also provide a URL they can visit if they want
10 > to download manually instead.
11 >
12 > The question then becomes, do I split the ebuild into two (giving us
13 > three ebuilds for what is otherwise a tiny package) just so some SRCs
14 > are mirror-restricted and others aren't? All of that hinges on
15 > whether our servers can handle the extra size...
16 >
17 > Mike 5:)
18 Add a bash script that can download all the files and mention it in
19 postinst.
20 the script will download all the files in current directory and put them
21 in the correct place.