From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] merging two packages - upgrade path?
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 11:57:01
1 On Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2008, Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Matthias Schwarzott a écrit :
3 > > With #1 user will get no message, as neither the user nor the package
4 > > manager know of the merged package that should be emerged.
5 >
6 > I would do #1 because it's easier to do and it's the Gentoo Way (tm).
7 >
8 > Consider writing an upgrade guide and post it on Planet Gentoo and maybe
9 > on the forums. If it's really important, you might want to get it
10 > published in the official Gentoo News or the GMN.
11 >
12 > If users don't read _any_ of those, then it's not your fault :)
13 >
14 Well, I dont guess so much users will read it there.
15
16 So my newest idea for this is: package.mask the split ebuilds and write a nice
17 mask-message once the new ebuild is marked stable.
18
19 Matthias
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list