From: Aadi Deshpande <cilqproj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: zope
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:21:19
1 I'm almost finishing doing the ebuilds for Python 2.1.3 ( which I ripped from 2.1.1 that Geert
2 made ) and Zope 2.5.0 ( again, which I've ripped from Holger ).
3
4 My main goal was to have Python 2.2 and 2.1 side by side and be able to compile and run Zope
5 without interference.
6
7 I don't know what kind of testing I should be doing of the ebuilds and what other testing need be
8 done, so any info provided in that area would be embraced with open arms.
9
10 I should have the builds ready for submission by this evening ( it's 9:21 AM EST as I write this )
11 or should I pass it around some other way for testing?
12
13 -a
14
15 --- Sherman Boyd <meekrob@×××××××.com> wrote:
16 > I will be installing zope shortly, but I have never created an ebuild and my python experience
17 > is minimal. Anyway, if anyone beats me to it, I will definitely be available to help beta test
18 > and write some documentation. If nobody gets there first I will give it a shot.
19 >
20 > Some people seem to have had some bad experiences with zope, security wise. I was planning on
21 > setting it up in some kind of a jailed environment, either chroot or more likely LIDS. I have
22 > used LIDS before, and it was very nice. The only problem was performance, but my new web server
23 > should be able to handle it. Anyone who is interested in zope please let me know so we can
24 > collaborate!
25 >
26 > Sherman Boyd
27 > Gentoo Docs Czar
28 > meekrob_AT_gentoo.org
29 >
30 > -----Original Message-----
31 > From: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o]On
32 > Behalf Of Grant Goodyear
33 > Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 11:47 AM
34 > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
35 > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: zope
38 > It should be possible to install multiple versions of Python,
39 > so installing 2.1.3 should be no problem. It looks like
40 > we just need a new zope ebuild (with =dev-lang/python-2.1.3 as
41 > a dependency, which I see we also need). Anybody have time
42 > to give it a shot?
43 >
44 > -g2boojum-
46 > gentoo-dev mailing list