From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] blocking mixed versions of split QT libraries
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:16:33
1 On Monday 18 of May 2009 16:52:19 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:47:52 +0300
3 [snip]
4 > The definition of soft behaviour allows soft blockers to be treated
5 > identically to hard blockers. We had to do it this way because
6 > Portage's rules for soft blockers are too fuzzy and arbitrary to turn
7 > into a formal specification -- they were a "code first, think later"
8 > solution with which we can't do anything useful.
9
10 Not sure who is 'we' there, but Portage team already made is useful. Basic
11 portage rule for soft-blocks behaviour is "no longer referenced (a'ka 'soft')
12 blocked package can be uninstalled cleanly without user intervention" - it's
13 well defined behaviour and possible subject of formal specification - it's
14 just up to PM to implement block resolution algorithms for corner cases (those
15 would not be the subject of formal specification of course, it's just an
16 implementation detail like whether to apply rule like order set by '||'
17 operator takes precedence over '!' block or order of block appearance in
18 RDEPEND sets block precedence) - Zac did good job there saving users
19 (especially KDE users) from nightmare of handling all package
20 refactoring/blocks manually.
23 regards
24 MM
28 Oryginalne przepisy na grilla. Zaskocz swoich gosci!
29 Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f217c