From: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] separate debug information
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:42:35
On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 13:43, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
Redhat does it more intelligently.. They have a little program called debugedit (part of the rpm package) that pulls the list of the relevant files and edits the debug info inside the elf files to point them to /usr/src/debug/.. instead of to the build directory. That allows them only keep the relevant sources and not all of the intermediary files. Their little program only depends on popt and libelf, so I guess it could be included in portage. I'll try to see if I can modify my patch to use that. =20 While I'm at it.. redhat uses eu-strip (also included in binutils) instead of objcopy/strip... using eu-strip would allow us to have it working right now, but will break when it is removed from binutils.. -- Olivier Crête tester@g.o Gentoo Developer