From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations for council
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:48:32
1 Speaking more officially, less personal opinion.
2
3 On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 18:49 -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
4 >
5 > Would this run into any kinds of legal issues?
6
7 Should prevent any.
8
9 > If you're not
10 > already familiar with such things you might want to talk to a lawyer.
11
12 As it pertains we will likely have counsel review the final Bylaws. We
13 will also solicit advice from counsel when needed regarding future
14 Bylaws revisions or other matters.
15
16 > I'm torn on this. In theory the council and trustees/foundation should
17 > be well-coordinated and they're really just two parts of a single
18 > effort.
19
20 That's the idea. Two heads, thinking doing different things
21 uncoordinated on same body? :)
22
23 > If we mix them we either need to formalize more of
24 > what happens, or potentially risk running into legal issues.
25
26 Really it's a paper formality. Daily operations do not change. Just
27 clarification of duties and separation on paper. In one document :)
30 William L. Thomson Jr.
31 amd64/Java/Trustees
32 Gentoo Foundation