From: Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]flag-o-matic.eclass strip-flags change to support prefix
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:24:48
1 2012/6/17 Justin <jlec@g.o>:
2 > On 17.06.2012 14:13, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> During prefix bootstrap i noticed that strip-flags removes -L and -I
5 >> flags from *FLAGS while these flags are essential for prefix
6 >> bootstrapping. Therefore i propose a fix for strip-flags function to
7 >
8 > Is this really necessary? I never experienced any problems which need
9 > this when following the guides. I looks like a hack, because something
10 > else is borked.
11
12 I've just hit binutils on OpenBSD not finding libdl.so installed in
13 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/ because of this.
14 Don't tell me that OpenBSD prefix is unsupported, i'm working on
15 getting it supported.
16
17 >> make it preserve prefix-related flags. I have attached a patch, please
18 >> review it. It works for me, but I'm unsure how it will work with
19 >> spaces in ${EPREFIX}
20 >
21 > Why not use "use prefix" instead of checking for the variable?
25 I didn't know about prefix use flag. I attach the fixed patch.

flag-o-matic.patch application/octet-stream