From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Heritage
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 02:51:18
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i guess your only criticism is that it's stupid ... that's pretty
3 easy to
4 > quantify
5 > -mike
6
7 Stupid is my subjective opinion but if you want really good reasons for
8 me to drop Larry then heres the only one I need:
9
10 Larry our wonderful mascot is from a font collection that we DO NOT OWN
11 THE COPYRIGHT TOO. Our esteemed ex-architect STOLE Larry. Legally
12 speaking we have no rights to use Larry whatsoever and if the owner of
13 the copyright ever stumbles onto gentoo.org and sees it we are looking
14 at a big fat lawsuit.
15
16 How's that for quantification?
20 ps. vapier, making smart ass remarks on MY bugs and closing them without
21 even consulting me first is NOT cool. I already put up with your
22 homophobic bullshit on irc and these lists, I *won't* put up with you
23 touching my bugs when you have *NOTHING* to do with them. Stick to the
24 portage tree and keep your fingers off of my bugs. Understood?