From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:27:25
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:03:26PM +0000, Thomas Flavel wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 drobbins@g.o wrote: > > > console-based Linux system". If someone needs a "stripped sys" (for a special > > project), it's easy enough to remove the packages that aren't needed (or use a > > That reminds me, what kind of minium size are we looking at here? I > would very much like to get gentoo running on my hand held pc, which has > a mere 32Mb ram and no other disks (I can't afford any ;) - eventually > it will go into rom, but is it feasible to make a tiny image of a system > to fit into that? du estimates please :)
Do you have an x86 handheld pc? The base system won't fit within 32Mb; getting it to fit would require some serious stripping down and a few tricks.
> Also I was wondering if there was going to be a "recovery disk" > (although I'm more than happy to use the boot cd)?
We're moving towards being a CD-based distribution and have no immediate plans to create a 1.44Mb bootable recovery disk. -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO Gentoo Technologies, Inc.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>