From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My turn to wear the cursed medalion of retirement
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:39:59
1 Hi Alexandre,
2
3 Good luck in your new life. My only comment is that I think you copped
4 out by not submitting your proposals for any sort of peer review. You
5 succumbed to the possibility (that you seem to think is more of a
6 probability -- you may be right, I don't know) that it would not be
7 received well. I think it's a shame to succumb to such a fear (or any
8 fear), and I wish you hadn't.
9
10 I do understand where you're coming from, however, and I tend to agree
11 with most of your ideas on the addition of bureaucratic layers and rules
12 & regulations. I struggle with whether or not that's simply a necessary
13 by-product of the size and scope (I use the term loosely) of the
14 project.
15
16 Thanks,
17