From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo stats server/client @ 2009-06-21
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 03:27:48
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I'm wondering how profiles should be reported. Rather than just the
3 > endpoint, I'm thinking that we should resolve them and generate a list,
4 > like the above, then explicitly whiteout the non-public ones.
5 > So in the above, you'd report:
6 > ===
7 > (censored) X 13
8 > default/linux/amd64/2008.0
9 > ===
10 >
11 > The resolving can be terminated at each profile that is listed in
12 > profiles.desc, so you can just report default/linux/amd64/2008.0 and not
13 > all the profiles that make that up.
14
15 I'm not sure about that. It feels a bit overkill to me.
16 I think for now I'll stick to
17
18 1) $p = resolve the symlink
19 2) match $p against /usr/portage/profiles/profiles.desc
20 3) use $p on match, ~"custom" else
24 Sebastian