From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-rox category suggestion.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:05:40
1 On Thursday 29 July 2004 1:22 pm, Sergey Kuleshov wrote:
2 > Hello all!
3 >
4 > A while ago there was a bugs filed with a number of ebuilds for various
5 > rox tools (#51996). At the moment there are 23 ebuilds, including rox
6 > filer, rox-lib, OroboRox (rox wm) and various additional apps. My
7 > suggestion is to seprate them ino a separate category called app-rox.
8 >
9 > I think that too often rox is thought of like a simple file manager. In
10 > fact the project is much more ambitious and intends to create a
11 > powerfull, yet lightweight desktop environment. That's another eason,
12 > why I think it worths creating app-rox.
13
14 Great! Another desktop environment! <g> Seriously though, rox looks cool,
15 even though I doubt I'll ever use it myself.
16
17 Anything that has 20 or more packages related to it probably deserves its
18 own category... rox itself should probably be moved to x11-wm/ with the
19 supporting packages to app-rox/. Just my suggestion.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F