From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 07:06:13
1 On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > On 17/11/2012 21:52, Joshua Kinard wrote:
4 >> It's human nature to wake up one day and exclaim, "I will develop X!", and
5 >> then go off and do so without any formal planning or even a rough idea of
6 >> how to start. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, you
7 >> just roll dice. That's what keeps life interesting.
8 >
9 > Agreed. Heck I've worked for how long on Gentoo/FreeBSD? And did I have
10 > a plan for most of that? Not really.
11 >
12 > But I didn't go around saying that I was "not following the waterfall"
13 > or "developing AGILE". I was just doing shit that sounded cool and
14 > looked nice. Did I expect much out of it? Not really.
15 >
16 > At the end we did get something, in particular we got OpenRC out of it,
17 > which has served us very well for quite a while, and we never planned
18 > for it before that. But it was just luck, and I wouldn't brag about it.
19
20 Diego I'm going to have to call you out here. You've so far in this
21 thread claimed you were the reason behind the "eudev" project and now
22 claim you're behind OpenRC. Sounds like bragging to me.
25 > That's why I'm not saying "please shut down the project", just "please
26 > keep ryao away from the keyboard".
27 >
28 > --
29 > Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes