From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Keywords policy
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:47:17
1 >> > C. Jer misses keywords because the KDE team did not provide a distinct
2 >> > list of packages
3 >> Because we didn't even ask for re-keywording. :-)
4 > According to Rej you dropped the hppa keyword without informing him.
5
6 That is correct.
7
8 > The current policy states that you should file a bug in this case. Did you?
9
10 No, we didn't because the whole thing is p.masked for a reason. It,
11 KDE 4.0.1, is broken crap that should not yet be re-keyworded.
12
13 We will file a bug for 4.0.2 at the earliest.
14
15 > If there is no documentation for the dropped keyword then Rej could
16 > easily conclude that the dropped keyword was a mistake and fix it.
17
18 When you find 208 (!) packages
19
20 1. that have all keywords but ~amd64 and ~x86 dropped,
21 2. which are package.masked with prominent notice,
22 3. the maintainers of which are available,
23
24 do you assume that was a mistake and randomly keyword stuff or do you
25 ask the maintainers? :-)
26
27 > Also who detected the brokenness and who fixed it?
28
29 Nothing was broken before the failed re-keywording attempt.
32 Best regards, Wulf