From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-lisp
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:11:02
1 On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:07:30AM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2
3 > This primarily means we will fetch and run a binary, which I don't think
4 > is being done anywhere (except if you consider the gentoo build iso
5 > itself as a bootstrap) until now, and that this binary will only run on
6 > x86.
7
8 This isn't a problem. It would be nice if we could install the pre-compiled
9 binaries inside /tmp/portage, use them only for bootstrapping, and then throw
10 them away afterwards. But if that's not possible, I guess we can create 2
11 packages: foo and foo-bin. foo can then have foo-bin in its DEPEND, and can
12 potentially even overwrite foo-bin on merge.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org