From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage by gentoo-java's doing migration work
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 02:44:21
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:14:12 +0200 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Just to take this to a humorous extreme -
5 > | would you be content if sunrise ceased all operations?
6 >
7 > That's not a humourous extreme at all. That would be a good start. Now,
8 > follow it up with a promise that something similar won't come along
9 > under a different name and make the same mistakes.
10
11 Ciaran: I think you're forgetting that Patrick's normal line of thinking
12 is "act first, ask questions later" :)
13
14 Patrick: I think you're missing the point of why your project was
15 suspended in the first place. You're taking every comment that's been
16 made against it as a personal attack and have been ignorant in *all* the
17 technical details. If you would open your eyes and mind a little you'll
18 see that there are better ways to making your project work better. I
19 don't think continuing it on unofficial hardware without fixing the
20 details is the best idea. You're just digging your hole deeper and not
21 fixing the issues we had in the first place. Please reconsider what
22 you're doing.
23
24 > | Now I'll just disappear for the weekend, don't flame too much in my
25 > | absence ...
26 >
27 > That would also be a good start.
28
29 Indeed.
32 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
33 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
34
35 ---
36 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
37 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
38
39 ramereth/irc.freenode.net