From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:05:23
1 Cory Visi <merlin@g.o> wrote:
2 > In addition, I don't see a huge drawback to using other distro's LiveCDs.
3 > Some distros specialize in making a LiveCD do everything possible, like
4 > Knoppix. This group isn't maintaining a portage tree, they are just making
5 > their LiveCD awesome. Why not piggyback on their efforts (our users are
6 > doing it anyway)? That way we can focus our resources on making portage
7 > great, which is Gentoo's true strength.
8
9 ++ on that. While LiveCDs draw new users due to spiffy things you can do with
10 "your" GentooCD, i'd like the releng folks to concentrate to make a stable and
11 well tested release (which collides with the nightly proposal). To top it off:
12 nightmorph was quite right in pointing out, that we need to accompany these
13 releases with documentation -- gentoo in my eyes draws greatly in this two
14 areas: flexiblest package manager around *and* greatest docu around.
15 We should keep it that way.
16 --
17 Kind Regards, Matti Bickel
18 Homepage: http://www.rateu.de