From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Release files/portage snapshots auxiliary files naming scheme
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:33:36
1 Hi,
2
3 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
4 > I suggest we unify the naming scheme to the one currently in use by our
5 > release files to avoid unnecessary confusion amongst our end-users -
6 > unless of course there is a good reason for having different naming
7 > schemes for release files and portage snapshots?
8
9 Personally I don't know a good reason either for or against a change. I
10 can't see how one would be confused with different names, so I'd suggest
11 just leave everything as is. If you're going to make the change I won't
12 stop you, as long as you don't ask me to do it ;P
13
14 Regards,
17 Simon Stelling
18 Gentoo/AMD64 Operational Co-Lead