From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prevent to need to change all keywords at the same time
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:53:04
1 On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:40:02 -0400
4 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 >> I agree that it isn't a PMS issue - it is a tree quality issue. PMS
6 >> doesn't prohibit introducing packages straight to stable, dropping
7 >> stable packages, etc. These are all tree quality issues and a matter
8 >> of policy.
9 >
10 > The PMS issue is what exactly happens if two eclasses and an ebuild all
11 > set KEYWORDS. (With current EAPIs, there's no merging done.)
14 Thanks.
15
16 I'm still not hearing a really good reason for doing things this way.
17 I'm all ears if somebody has one.
18
19 Otherwise, right now this sounds like a debate about how we should ban
20 this practice, and not whether we should ban it. But, the Council can
21 decide all around.
22
23 Rich