From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] find -delete safe to use?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 03:14:31
1 On 14 Mar 2015 23:14, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > I've long considered the -delete argument to find to be widely supported
3 > enough that using it in ebuilds should not be a problem. Indeed, a grep
4 > of the tree shows that it is frequently used, even in eclasses.
5 >
6 > I've just noticed that the man page states that it is not present in
7 > the BSD version. findutils is now included in @system, even on BSD, but
8 > the ebuild looks as though it gets installed as gfind rather than find.
9
10 ebuilds may assume GNU findutils
11
12 > On a related note, should I ever include findutils in DEPEND? I've seen
13 > some instances of this, occasionally conditional on userland_GNU. On
14 > the one hand, it should always be present now, given what I said about
15 > @system above but on the other hand, if it gets installed as gfind then
16 > there's no point in pulling it in if you're only going to call find.
17
18 no
19 -mike