From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:45:56
1 On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 03:36:00AM +0100, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 December 2005 03:11, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > Never said anything about 2.1 + resolver enhancements (no clue where
4 > > that one came from). Merely commenting on your raised issues about
5 > > use/slot deps.
6 >
7 > From your words. Thanks for destroying my hope in two sentences. ;p
8 > So we add this dependency enhancement without having a Portage version in
9 > place that can resolve issues as they appeare!?! Scary.
10
11 Who said anything about this going into portage _without_ the resolver
12 enhancements?
13
14 Re-read my emails, I've stated the resolver improvements are
15 *required* for use/slot to go in (specifically use).
16
17 So... yeah, you're not following what I've been saying.
18 ~harring