From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:02:13
1 On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 07:09:29PM -0500, Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
2 > > > The problem with that is, it usually ends up with too many pointless
3 > > > comments from people saying how things could be fixed in the distant
4 > > > future, or whining that it isn't explicitly forbidden by policy on
5 > > > situations where the screwup was too weird to be documented previously.
6 > >
7 > > This is very much a case-by-case thing. I still feel the debate should
8 > > be better answered outside of conflicting qa members.
9 >
10 > Well, instead of putting the debate into an even larger crowd, this
11 > enables the QA team to act in the way it sees best first. If people
12 > believe we were wrong, then we give them the option to talk to the
13 > council about one of our changes. Also, we aren't unwilling to hear
14 > alternatives and we hope to work with the maintainer on these problems.
15
16 I've yet to read the rest of this subthread this morning, but while its
17 fresh in my mind I would also like to see less of a requirement from the
18 council. They are there purely for technical direction and not for a
19 teams beck and call. Regardless, I can see your point - although I would
20 still prefer to see a little more public discussion when the QA team are
21 unable to satisfactorily come to an answer between themselves and the
22 maintainer in question.
25 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
26 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
27 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
28 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515