From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Treecleaner Maskings
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:20:07
1 * Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > I would be shot if it was automated;
6 >
7 > i will soon have some nifty bash scripts to generate e-mails and the
8 > pmask file, but they aren't done yet.
9
10 The problem is: how to get the bugs assigned to certain package versions ?
11
12 I did not yet see any consistent syntax for version information in
13 the bugs.
14
15 Could we add fields for package name and version in bugzilla ?
16 This should allow an easy querying.
17
18 Perhaps we could get this done better with an little (cmdline ?)
19 tool for bug-reporting, which collects the necessary information
20 by itself.
21
22 For example:
23
24 foo:/ # bug-report findutils
25 Reporting bug for: sys-apps/findutils-4.3.0
26
27 Enter description (press CTRL-D):
28
29 ....
30
31 ... posting bug ... added ID: 238472
32
33 foo:/ #
36 If bugs of certain packages get reported this way, we could put
37 virtually anything (package list, use flags, mask file, ...) into it,
38 and the doesn't have to even think about what could be needed.
39 This also could take some load from the bug-wranglers, since these
40 bugs could be directly assigned to the appropriate package/herd
41 mainatainers.
44 cu
45 --
47 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
49 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
50 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
51 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
52 http://patches.metux.de/
54 --
55 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list