From: drev@××××××.it
To: Manuela Marquardt <manu.marquardt@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installation via ISDN or Modem
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:09:49
1 On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:10:54PM +0200, Manuela Marquardt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just wanted to ask if it is possible to install Gentoo Linux using ISDN or
5 > Modem. Or do I have to be connected via LAN/Proxy to the internet?
6 >
7 I've currently installed my gentoo linux using a 56k modem and i found no
8 problem, except for downloading time.
9
10 Just download the stage 1 and untar it to your (clean) future gentoo
11 partition. mount the partition, chroot to it and follow the installation
12 instructions.
13
14 The network will works. it'slow but works.
15
16 Gianluca Guida
17 > Sincerely
18 > Manuela Marquardt
19 >
20 > --
21 > GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
22 > http://www.gmx.net
25 > gentoo-dev mailing list
26 > gentoo-dev@g.o