From: Christian Zoffoli <xmerlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:15:17
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 14:44 +0100, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
3 >
4 >>Hi to all.
5 >>Is it possible to add partimage to the next live cds ?
8 > Yes and no. If you're looking for it on the minimal install CD, you'll
9 > never find it. The minimal CD is supposed to be exactly that, minimal.
10 > I am not really accepting any new packages except network drivers.
11
12 you are right but we can consider partimage like a recovering tool, and
13 isn't so useful to have a backup without a cd media to restore it.
14 Sysrescuecd uses a partimage without some useful features like login and
15 ssl, so it works only if you emerge partimage without these features
16 (these options are hardcoded).
17
18 An alternative could be create a rescue livecd with partimage, bacula
19 utils and so.
22 > That being said, partimage *is* on the experimental LiveCD which we will
23 > be releasing somewhere near 2005.0 with the installer on it.
24
25 ok
26
27 > Also, gentoo-dev really is not the place for this. You would be looking
28 > for gentoo-releng, or more specifically, requests for things on the
29 > installation media really should be sent via bugs.gentoo.org and
30 > assigned to livecd@g.o
31
32 now I know ;)
35 Christian