From: Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for help: python3.5 testing
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 06:13:17
1 On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 03:46:40PM -0500, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I would like to make a push to get python3.5 stable in the next few
6 > > months. There are a couple things that need to happen first.
7 > >
8 > > 1. Add python3_5 to PYTHON_COMPAT for current ~arch packages. A list
9 > > of packages that need to be tested and marked compatible with
10 > > python3.5 is producted daily.
11 > >
12 > > https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35.txt
13 > >
14 > > 2. Stabilize any packages necessary to support python3.5. A list is
15 > > also produced daily. For this step, I imagine we will create one giant
16 > > stablereq bug for the sake of arch testing efficiency, but feel free
17 > > to stabilize them ahead of that.
18 > >
19 > > https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35-stablereq.txt
20 > >
21 > > If you have some time, please do some testing on packages from the
22 > > first list. For packages that have a working test phase, don't
23 > > necessarily expect all tests to pass; just look for regressions from
24 > > python3.4. For packages that have no test phase, a compile and basic
25 > > import test (python3.5 -c "import foo") is generally the best we can
26 > > do.
29 > I have been using in VMs since near it came out. Main incompatibility
30 > is with SELinux markings.
31
32 I just sent a whole bunch of patches upstream to fix all the outstanding
33 issues for selinux on python3. If you want to help test, that'd be
34 awesome. ping me on IRC and i'll give you the stuff.
35
36 -- Jason