From: Ian Smith <ian.c.smith@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mc-4.5.55-r2 is not Compiling successfully on my Workstation...
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:59:16
1 Spider wrote:
2 > Okay folks,
3 > I've "tracked" this bug down to the vfs subsystem in mc.
4 >
5 > a shortterm "fix" would be to disable this, but that will break ftp, tar, rpm and other such browsing for no appearant good reason..
6 >
7 > I'd really appreciate if somone who's better at reading source than me took a look at this and find out what's the real problem behind this?
8 >
9 > Short fix.
10 > open the mc-4.5.55-r2.ebuild and scroll down to "configure" line.
11 >
12 > remove the part that reads :
13 > --with-vfs \
14 >
15 > and emerge again.
18 (as discussed on IRC)
19
20 Some people might like to try removing gpm from USE - that worked for me.
24 Ian Smith