From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] busybox[sep-usr] support for mounting /usr w/out hassle
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 04:32:50
1 On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:00:26PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > finally, since the recent udev-mount init.d script is completely brain dead and
3 > refuses to execute unless devtmpfs is enabled, this code will also
4 > automatically mount+seed /dev (via mdev) if need be.
5
6 The recent udev-mount script goes with >=udev-182 which *requires*
7 devtmpfs, so I don't see why you think the the udev-mount script is
8 braindead.
9
10 > this should address the council's requirement (sep-/usr w/out initramfs) while
11 > allowing the general craziness to proceed w/out forking projects ourselves.
12
13 Correction here; as far as I know the council did not mandate separate
14 /usr without initramfs. They just said that separate /usr is a
15 supported configuration.
16
17 William