From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Denis Shcherbakov <deniss@×××××××××.EDU>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: X11 Forwarding with SSH: $DISPLAY is empty!!
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:07:57
1 On Tuesday 03 December 2002 4:59 pm, Denis Shcherbakov wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I need to activate X forwarding while connecting to a remote machine via
5 > SSH. So, I edited the config files for ssh on this remote machine, such
6 > as /etc/ssh/ssh_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config, to set ForwardX11 to
7 > yes, etc.... However, after fooling around with all these config files, I
8 > still cannot get this remote machine to forward X, and I _think_ I know
9 > why. It turns out that $DISPLAY is empty (unset) on that machine.
10
11 Is DISPLAY set on the machine you are connecting from? If no, thats your
12 problem. If yes, try "ssh -v" for more clues.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list