From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:53:35
1 On 1 June 2012 07:52, Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> What would git signing work with rebased commits? Would all of them
4 >> have to be signed once again?
7 > Commits itsels still will be signed
10 Do you know how git does this? Do you have experience/information you
11 can cite as to that this works?
12
13 Commit signing seems poorly documented at present, and I've been
14 looking at the git internals, and it would *APPEAR* that the content
15 that is signed is the blob of text you normally get when you
16
17 git cat-file -p $SHA1
18
19 And indeed, if you git cat-file -p $SHA1 > file, extract the
20 SIGNATURE part into its own file (removing the leading spaces), and
21 remove the "gnupg" section from the commit headers, gpg --verify
22 $sigfile $file # tells me I have a good signature.
23
24 Just I haven't worked out what happens when the SHA1 of the 'parent'
25 header changes, which *will* change if the rebase is anything other
26 than a fast-forward.
27
28 If that SHA1 changes, the gpg signature will surely fail?
32 Kent
33
34 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,
35 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"