From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: openrc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: status of OpenRC's public API
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:16:16
1 All,
2
3 OpenRC currently has a public api, consisting of librc and libeinfo
4 (rc.h and einfo.h are the headers); however, I do not know of any
5 released software that uses these, so, if there is nothing, I am
6 considering making this code private to OpenRC and getting rid of the
7 API.
8
9 I will reconsider if someone tells me there is actual software out
10 there which links to these libraries besides OpenRC, but if there isn't,
11 I am inclined to make all of that code private.
12
13 So, if you know of something that uses these libraries, speak up; I know
14 of nothing myself.
15
16 Thanks,
17