From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk2 use flag must die
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:55:21
1 On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 00:43 +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Delaying GNOME-2.14 for non-GNOME packages using gtk2 USE flag is mildly
3 > funny to me, too.
4
5 These two things are not related, 2.14 is not delayed whatsoever.
6 Jakub's call was just to get attention to the bugs and didn't originate
7 from the gnome team at all.
8
9 > Some two weeks have passed from 2.14 release, I would have expected it
10 > to be in x86 at least a week ago... but I'm living in a utopian land.
11
12 I don't know where these expectations come from, but we intend to iron
13 out the major known issues before we put stuff in ~arch . 2 weeks is
14 rather short for a volunteer team of 2-3 active people for something the
15 size of gnome. It is the same sort of nonsense we got with earlier
16 releases, where people expect things to be in stable the day upstream
17 declares it release day. People seem to expect the impossible, if you
18 come from Debian the Gentoo cycle seems perfect, but as soon people are
19 used to Gentoo the complaining starts anew. Get a grip and try to help
20 out in constructive ways.
21
22 - foser