From: RAGermany@×××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Georgia Tech (ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu) KDE mirror is corrupted
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:01:32
1 Hello all!
2
3 I just was trying to emerge kde 3.1.3 and every time it wants to download a
4 package from the Georgia Tech's mirror emerge stops due to bad md5. After
5 some investigating I found out that many (or all) bz2 files in
6 ftp://ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.1.3/src/ are corrupt. In fact, they only
7 contain about 60 KB on data (kdeutils has 0x6FFF bytes of data, kdeadmin 0xBFFF,
8 etc.) while the rest is filled with zeros. I tried at least three other
9 mirrors, they were ok.
10
11 In order to emerge kde without interruption I deleted all appearances of the
12 gatech mirror from /usr/portage/profiles/thirdpartymirrors (there were two I
13 think). I don't know how many actually experienced this, I only found one
14 short thread in the forums and no mails in the archives or my inbox. So in
15 order to be sure of the issue I'd like to ask you to verify this if you have some
16 spare bandwidth and time. Here is the kde ftp mirror page:
17
18 ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.1.3/src/
21 Cheers,
22 Renat
25 Gone crazy. Will be back soon.
26
27 COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
29 1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
30 2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualitätssieger!
31 3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list