From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: --as-needed to default LDFLAGS (Was: RFC: Should preserve-libs be enabled by default?)
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:49:33
1 On Sat, 31 May 2008 04:26:39 -0700
2 "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Just to jump in quickly; this thread is about adding --as-needed to
5 > the default CFLAGS. To get this accomplished you need to:
6 >
7 > A. Convince the portage developers to put it in
8 > make.conf/make.defaults.
9
10 Wrong.
11
12 We don't control make.conf (the user does) or make.defaults (profile
13 maintainers do).
14 We only control make.conf.example (which these days
15 only serves as documentation) and make.globals (which isn't the right
16 place for any arch-specific stuff, and CFLAGS are arch-specific by
17 definition).
18
19 Marius
20 --