From: Constanze Hausner <constanze@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclass for handling of file-based capabilities
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 17:40:50
1 On 17:15 Sat 05 Mar , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 14:24:22 +0100
3 > Constanze Hausner <constanze@g.o> wrote:
4 > > It uses a new global use-flag (filecaps) so it wouldn't collide with
5 > > the caps use-flag and the corresponding old handling of file-caps.
6 >
7 > You're requiring special package manager behaviour if that flag is set?
8
9 Hi Ciaran,
10
11 I'm requiring, that the package manager preserves the xattrs, when
12 stripping the binary and when moving it from the sandbox to the live-fs.
13
14 I wrote a patch for portage, which I already sent to zmedico for
15 reviewal.
16
17 I hope I understood your question correctly :).
18
19 Cheers,
20 Constanze