From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install problems
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:42:05
1 On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 04:17:32PM -0400, Wesley Moxam - CSCI/P2000 wrote:
2
3 > The problem is that emerge at first seemed to hang, then I got the
4 > message: eth0: Too much work (or something to that effect). After a
5
6 This sounds like a kernel error, which means that the kernel NIC driver is
7 having problems. Post what specific kind of NIC you have, and maybe someone
8 can help. Maybe the epic100 module in 2.4.4-ac9 is broken or needs a patch
9 for your particular NIC.
10
11 > Could anyone give me a clue to what I'm doing wrong? To my knowledge I
12 > have followed the exact installation instructions, and there shouldn't be
13 > any problems with my hardware setup since it works fine with Slackware and
14 > kernel 2.4.2. The ethernet card uses the epic100 module.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org