From: Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:55:52
1 On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 20:11 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:53:07AM +0800, Mike Gardiner wrote:
3 > > Hi Dylan, Ciaran, all
4 > >
5 > > Apologies for entering this late, but from what I gather from the
6 > > discussion, there seems to be the notion of voting for "real" bugs
7 > > versus "enhancement" bugs, with some believing votes for the second
8 > > would outweigh the first, and skew the perception of what really needs
9 > > to be done.
10 > >
11 > > So I guess my question follows, is it possible/feasible to only allow
12 > > voting on bugs marked as "enhancements"? (as in the bugzilla keyword).
13 > I don't think this would do any good. Users tend to mark bugs as
14 > enhancement on a whim, from what I've seen. I'd say we should enable
15 > voting for all bugs, and users should be informed that all enhancements
16 > are considered separately from problems (your "real" bugs), and it
17 > should be possible to show the highest voted problems as such.
18 >
19 > I'm also strongly in favour of a limited number of votes per user. Along
20 > the lines of 2 votes/week for non-developers, and 4 votes/week for
21 > developers. Unused votes should NOT get carried over between weeks, to
22 > prevent vote hoarding.
25 In case you're not aware how the KDE project maintain this, each user
26 (not sure about special cases for developers, and not sure I agree with
27 there being one.) has 100 voting points that they can allocated to bugs,
28 withs a maximum of 20 on any one bug.
31 Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.org>