From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Gentoo's plan to remove .la files: wording about when and how to drop .la files
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:15:50
1 Il giorno dom, 31/10/2010 alle 20.09 +0100, Thomas Beierlein ha scritto:
2 >
3 > If I read the discussion correctly we will still need to keep
4 > these .la
5 > files around.
6 >
7 Most likely, yes… you can go a bit deeper about them (for instance
8 PulseAudio can load its plugins with libltdl even if the .la files are
9 not around, and the author _always_ recommended removing them), but
10 that's probably something we don't have to care about so much as it is.
11
12 For what concerns the list I provided, that's just the output of the
13 tinderbox in the case of hamlib, it was _Hamlib.la that triggered it, it
14 is installed in the Python tree and Python does not use .la files.
17 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
18 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
19
20 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
21 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/