From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Explain bugs to me
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:10:10
1 On Saturday 27 April 2002 08:27, Paul wrote:
2 || On the http://www.gentoo.org/ page are several links to
3 || such information.
4 || As far as ebuilds go, you can probably submit several
5 || types of bugs: a) I want prog xyz! please make an ebuild.
6 || b) Here is my ebuild for prog xyz! please include it.
7 || c) The ebuild for xyz if broked; here is my fix...
8 ||
9 Although [ a ] isn't going to get you your ebuild fast :o)
10 Most devs just close the bug, asking you to make an ebuild and submit that..
11 We already have loads of work, both IRL and on the distro itself, so it's
12 really impossible to start taking requests :o)
13 But you could ask on #gentoo to one of the users there if they want to make
14 your ebuild, if you really don't have the knowledge to do it yourself...
17 Bart Verwilst
18 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
19 Gent, Belgium