From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Running repoman on the portage tree
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 07:11:45
1 Le 19/11/2014 03:17, Alec Ten Harmsel a écrit :
2 > Hey devs,
3
4 Hi Alec,
5
6 > This is my first mail to this list. If this is out of line, let me know.
7
8 Not out of line on the topic/content, but try to avoid sending 3MB
9 attachments to hundreds (thousands?) of people.
10
11 > * 9233 ebuilds that use a deprecated EAPI
12
13 Unlike other distros where there's usually one version of a given
14 package (with the history being available in archives elsewhere), we
15 sometimes have dozens of available versions for a single package. When
16 new EAPIs come along, devs will usually improve their ebuilds when new
17 upstream versions are released and leave old ebuilds as-is (especially
18 if said ebuilds have stable keywords).
19
20 So while that number looks impressive, you need to factor in which
21 packages have ebuilds that use newer EAPIs. If you do come across
22 packages that only offer ebuilds written using deprecated EAPIs, then
23 I'm sure maintainers will accept contributions.
24
25 Cheers,
26
27 Rémi