From: Yavor Goulishev <yavor.goulishev@××××××.bg>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GRP and portage conflicts
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:34:49
1 Hi,
2 I'm trying the GRP supplied by the LiveCD of 1.4-rc2,
3 and I found a couple of problems which may need discussion.
4
5 My personal experience showed that strange things happen
6 when trying to install GRP packages. Actually as the
7 investigation showed the tbz2 files contain information
8 about the ebuild used. This wasn't obvious but didn't seemed as
9 problem. But what would happen if the ebuild used for the
10 tbz2 file is removed from the portage tree?
11 A lot of errors ....
12 This is the case for docbook-sgml-dtd-3.0.ebuild .
13 It was removed and currently there is only docbook-sgml-dtd-3.0-r1.ebuild .
14 My portage is portage-20030112.tar.bz2.
15 So the latest portage I used and the GRP have conflicts.
16 May be this is the problem most of the people described as:
17 -You need to run the grp-install.sh many times before
18 all get installed.I guess the grp-install.sh installs the packages but
19 aborts at the end while trying to update /var/db..
22 Best Regards, Yavor Goulishev
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list