From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Infra plans regarding $Id$ - official answer...
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:10:31
1 On 14 August 2015 at 17:45, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Don't force the implicit expansion on all developers and users forking
3 > the repo.
6 You wouldn't, I thought we were talking about $Id$ only being expanded
7 on the git->rsync transition, and people worrying that $Id$ would be
8 expanded in patches, where the sensible thing would be to carefully
9 filter which files $Id$ expansion happens instead of relying on all
10 files in all folders to not have patterns that just happen to match
11 $Id(: .*)$
15 Kent
16
17 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL