From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] elibtoolize and when to drop it from an ebuild
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:08:20
1 Hello List
2
3 The BSD team is starting to get a touch irritated by the constant
4 dropping of elibtoolize from ebuilds. We need this so that we get
5 nice .so version numbers as well as to fix a few libtool issues on the
6 BSD platforms.
7
8 Just because it's there doesn't mean it's safe to remove as it changes
9 nothing on your Linux box. But that's OK as I've been adding them back
10 when I find it dropped with a nice comment about the issue.
11
12 I do however take objection when the command AND the comment is removed.
13 Please stop this as you piss off our users who have to revdep-rebuild
14 needlessly.
15
16 Basically, if it has a fbsd keyword don't drop elibtoolize without
17 querying us first.
18
19 Thanks
20