From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating gnome-apps, gnome-libs and kde-apps
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:03:05
1 Hi!
2
3 Me and Danamark will in the near future start the work of deprecating
4 the categories in the subject. Since many more ebuilds in the
5 gnome-apps and kde-apps will be added in the future it will be total
6 chaos in those categories with no subcategories. We have decided to
7 move the packages in there to the correct other categories.
8
9 app-*
10 media-*
11 net-*
12
13 and perhaps some other that I missed.
14
15 Danamark will take care of kde-apps and I'll do gnome-*
16
17 gnome-libs/gnome-base needs to be cleaned from non-gnome-only
18 libraries. The libraries that are gnome-only in gnome-libs will be
19 moved into gnome-base.
20
21 gnome-apps/gdm and gnome-apps/nautilus which are both parts of GNOME
22 will be moved into gnome-base.
23
24 This might result in that you might see a package being in two places
25 at the same time (i.e. when it's been copied to the new location but
26 not yet removed from the old).
27
28 Regards,
29 Mikael Hallendal
32 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
33 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
34 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918