From: Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: The new apache license]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:05:19
1 another one?
2 /. says incompatible to GPL... :(
3 -----Forwarded Message-----
4 > From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@×××××××××××.org>
5 > To: misc@×××××××.org
6 > Subject: The new apache license
7 > Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:38:08 -0700
8 >
9 > And another license issue..
10 >
11 > The new apache license is not acceptable. Code written under that
12 > new license will never go into our tree.
13 >
14 > Look, I am quite frankly getting sick and tired of this. It is time
15 > for the user community to tell these software developers who have
16 > gotten themselves involved with lawyers to stop it. They are NOT
17 > making their software better, they are NOT protecting anyone, and
18 > they we NOT making their software any more free when they add new
19 > terms.
20 >
21 > As of this moment in time, therefore, it looks like the httpd in
22 > OpenBSD has now become a fork. It will continue to be managed
23 > under the existing license.
24 --
25 Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>