From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE_EXPAND and IUSE
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:44:08
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2005 02:07, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 > > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 > > The reasoning for that is that hardware support doesn't make sense as
5 > > USE flags, so it should be something else. In this case, that was
6 > > INPUT_DEVICES. We haven't been able to take much advantage of it yet,
7 > > but it may work out better after X's upstream modularization.
8 > >
9 > >> So those make no sense but 3dnow,sse,sse2,makemyprocessorgrow are
10 > >> fine as USE flags? Those also enable support for special hardware.
11 >
12 > I think we had that argument already. Try searching the archives and see
13 > whether you can find it.
14
15 I tried searching but no luck. Care to elaborate on how "building optional
16 support for drivers" doesn't fall under the umbrella of "building optional
17 support"?
20 Jason Stubbs