From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:45:16
1 On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:14:00 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > > No, I was told to remove kdebuild-1 from the version sent to the
4 > > Council for approval. Doing so is just a case of toggling a switch
5 > > in PMS.
6 > >
7 > > Also, until they were all mysteriously fired, Gentoo's KDE people
8 > > were planning to ask the Council for official approval of
9 > > kdebuild-1 so that it could remain in PMS. So that's still up in
10 > > the air too.
11 >
12 > All? Only one person I know of, Philantrop. Were rbrown or spb
13 > committing much to KDE stuff?
14
15 All three were involved in the design of kdebuild-1.
16
17 > > And docbook does integrate with Gentoo? Please point me to other
18 > > Gentoo documentation that uses docbook.
19 >
20 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/doc/
21 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-projects/pax-utils/man/
22
23 So no actual Gentoo documentation then, just documentation for some
24 programs hosted by Gentoo?
25
26 > > Also, I've yet to be told how to get automatic, verified,
27 > > zero-work-upon-relocation cross-document links using either docbook
28 > > or guidexml. Perhaps you'd care to explain.
29 >
30 > You've mentioned this as a requirement. Is it something that happens
31 > so often that it's a significant burden if it isn't available?
32
33 Yes.
36 Ciaran McCreesh