From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A proposal for discussion
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:19:46
1 [snip]
2 > Therefore I propose that a public ToDo list be created along with
3 > a list coordinator so that the talents of these people can be used.
4 > Tasks would be posted on the public list and assigned to specific
5 > individuals who volunteer. Tasks should be kept specific rather
6 > than open-ended and have a scheduled completion date, if necessary
7 > tasks can be broken up into smaller independent tasks to achieve
8 > these goals.
9 [snip]
10 > I now having said my piece I open it up for public discussion.
11
12 All I can say is "excellent idea!" I think the key to getting people to
13 help out is to make it as easy as possible... ie: if you want them to
14 make ebuilds, or modify ebuilds, have a document standing ready that has
15 an explanation of making simple ebuilds there so that there is as little
16 barrier to entry as possible. Ditto for things like submitting them
17 (though I wonder if auditing new ebuilds would take more time than
18 creating them themselves?).
19
20 A great idea though, and even if the ToDo list was a link to a list of
21 general bugzilla bugs, it would probably still be a Good Thing. I
22 wonder what the core gentoo dev people have to say about this though?
23
24 Regards,
25
26 alan
30 Alan "Arcterex" <alan@×××××.org> -=][=- http://arcterex.net
31 "I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I
32 think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation, easier to milk, and
33 if they annoyed me enough, I could shoot them and eat them." -Rodger Donaldson