From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch applying function for EAPI 6
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:46:07
1 Dnia 2013-08-23, o godz. 11:45:57
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > > 2. Should the function do automatic -p* detection, or should it
5 > > default to -p1? Both would be overridable by an explicit -p*
6 > > option. There are good arguments for either variant
7 > > (see the above-mentioned bug).
8 >
9 > Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina:
10 > | Pretty please autodetection. It's a very nice feature that we seem
11 > | to already have sanely implemented.
12 >
13 > Michael Orlitzky:
14 > | With epatch() still available, my instinct is to leave the -p
15 > | detection out of PMS for now. The implementation details will be
16 > | messy otherwise, [...]
17 >
18 > Michał Górny:
19 > | I'm all for -p1. Instead of auto-detecting stuff on user's side,
20 > | we should provide developers with a simple tool that would
21 > | automatically 'fix' patches.
22 >
23 > Not many new arguments, beyond what we had in the bug already. I'd
24 > suggest that we follow the KISS principle and go with -p1. There's
25 > always epatch if you need more fancy stuff.
26
27 If we go this way, I will try to write a nice tool/wrapper that would
28 help 'fixing' patches. Probably something that calls 'ebuild ...
29 prepare' with hacked dopatch() that detects patchlevel and 'rebases'
30 the patch automatically.
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny